We’re working to coordinate business leaders to testify at the LA City Minimum Wage Hearings that begin Tuesday. Here are the dates and times of all of the hearings:
- Tuesday March 24th, 1pm, City Hall
- Thursday March 26th, 6pm, Watts Labor Community Action Committee, 10950 South Central Ave
- Tuesday March 31st, 6pm, Van Nuys City Hall, 14410 Sylvan St.
- Thursday April 2nd, 6pm, Museum of Tolerance, 9786 West Pico Blvd.
I know many of you have been working to rally your members to testify. If you know of individuals planning to be there, can you please give us their information ASAP so we can help them with talking points and logistics? You can submit it via the following link, or just reply to this email:
We share Mayor Garcetti’s strong commitment to reducing poverty, and that is best achieved by creating good-paying middle class jobs that can actually lift individuals and families out of poverty. The dramatic minimum wage increases proposed for the City of Los Angeles would push jobs elsewhere while still not creating real paths out of poverty for those workers who remain. For more information on BizFed’s position and analysis, here are some resources:
- BizFed Position Letter on LA City Minimum Wage Proposal
- News Release: BizFed Opposes City of Los Angeles Minimum Wage Increase Proposals and Cries Foul on Study
- Media Coverage of BizFed on LA City Minimum Wage Proposal
David Englin, Executive Vice President
BizFed, Los Angeles County Business Federation
703.505.6045 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
A Grass Roots Alliance of 100 Top LA County Business Groups
Mobilizing Over 250,000 Businesses